Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A couple of my older drawings

Photobucket

This is something i was asked to draw for a friend,
i spent approximately 7 hours on this drawing,
She asked for a collage of peace symbols,
yet she wanted flames, i tryed a true collage but she didnt like that so much
so i went with this.
When she asked me to draw this i accepted bc
it was the perfect task for my mood.
I was struggling with my inner peace at the time i drew this,
One feeling in particular i remember having was that i felt like
there was a tug-of-war between peace and
chaos inside of me,
and I distinctly remember feeling that the chaos was winning
or as the flames show engulfing the peace.
I wished i had a decent scanner,
this copy looks like crap :/



Photobucket


This one i dont reckon i really had a mood,
well i was bored and i started doodling.
This particular picture started as nothing more than the dagger
you see near her hands and some how or another it
became this.
Idk but every time I look back at this one I think of an fallen angel.
Or something that was once good, that has fallen under
some terrible influence.
I do remember i was reading
The second book in the Inheritance cycle,
"Eldest"
Btw i love the Inheritance Cycle,
if you havent read it I highly reckomend you do
The first Book in the cycle is called "Eragon" and is written
by Christopher Paolini.
It is a Fiction book and
its an intriguing tell of a young boy who whilst hunting for food
comes upon an dragon egg and becomes a dragon rider and must save
his lands from an evil king named Galbitorix,
anyways ill talk more about it in another blog,
but seriously i highly recommend the Inheritance cycle for those who like
Fiction.
Now as i was saying i was reading the Inheritance cycle when i drew this
but i have no idea if that even has any correspondance with the thoughts
that were flying around in my head at the time i drew this.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. You are like... deep. Impressive. And you like literature! :D That is a-MAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to say, perhaps the scanner didn't do it justice, but that drawing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question about where I find music... It's really rather dorky. I am obsessed with this one girl's blog, so I stole her EXTREMELY long list of music she listens to and I research 10 every once in a while and post my favorite song from each band. :) And I went to Death Cab's concert on my birthday. . . A MAZING. (Faints)

    ReplyDelete